Welcome to the 2022-2023 Application for the Phillips University Legacy Scholarship and Leadership Development Program!
- Applicants should be planning to attend or already be attending a private college/university that is currently or historically related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), but the applicant does not have to attend a church related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Scholarships are "merit-based", therefore the applicants should be well-rounded, with evidence provided of academic success, and of leadership roles in the school, church and community.
- Applicants may apply as incoming freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors.
- Applicants must be willing to comply with the program requirements as outlined in the 2022-2023 Policies and Criteria that include but are not limited to both completion of an annual Volunteer Leadership Project and attendance at the annual Leadership Development Conference.
- Application deadline is Wednesday, MARCH 16, 2022.
- Read all of the instructions and the application carefully.
- Note the suggested résumé format, and be sure to include everything that is required including a brief Leadership Summary Statement.
- Incoming Freshman - You'll need to upload your Letter of Acceptance of Admission in Part 2 from the college(s) you checked in Part 1.
- All Applicants - You'll be asked to attach a brief essay. Describe your educational goals and career plans and how you envision those goals and plans contributing to your development as a Christian leader.
- Allow your 3 references adequate time to complete your reference forms. Each completed reference form should be in a sealed, signed envelope and be mailed to the Legacy Foundation office.
- All Applicants with college credits - Request official transcript(s) showing all work completed through December 2021. The school(s) must send these directly to the Legacy Foundation. They must be postmarked no later than March 16, 2022.
- All Applicants - Request official transcript(s) from high school. The school(s) must send these directly to the Legacy Foundation. They must be postmarked no later than March 16, 2022.
- ACT/SAT scores are no longer required.
- Be vigilant about the deadline - it is MARCH 16, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Review all checklists. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. We cannot notify applicants of what is missing from their applications or which documents we have or have not received, but we do encourage you to contact us at any time to make sure your materials have arrived.
- If you have questions or concerns, call our Scholarship Administrator, Tamela, at 580-237-4433.
Click here to learn more about the program.