About the Application Process
(The 2023-2024 Undergraduate Application Portal is Now Closed.)
- Well-Rounded Emerging Leaders - Scholarships are "merit-based." While there is no GPA minimum, GPA and course rigor are part of the committee scoring process. Generally speaking, applicants should be well-rounded, with a proven track record of academic success, involvement, and leadership roles in their schools and the broader community.
- College or University Choice - Applicants should be planning to attend or already be attending a college/university that is currently or historically related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) as listed in the Annual Yearbook.
- Attendance Requirements - Applicants must apply as students who, in 2023-24, will be incoming first-year college students (first-year students), sophomores, or juniors and plan to attend full-time for the coming academic year.
- Ability to Participate in the Leadership Program - Applicants must be able and willing to fully engage in the leadership & service components of the Legacy Scholar Program as outlined in the 2023-2024 Policies and Criteria. This includes, but is not limited to, completing an annual Volunteer Leadership Project and participating in the annual Leadership Development Conference.
- Policies and Criteria - All applicants must carefully read the 2023-2024 Undergraduate Policies and Criteria.
- Deadline - The application deadline is Friday, March 24th, 2023.
Online Application Portal - The application can be completed online here or directly to pulf.awardspring.com.
- Step 1: General Application Information - The application begins with a section of general questions for both undergraduate and graduate applicants. In this section, applicants will need to upload transcripts and resumes. Applicants will then be routed to the appropriate scholarship (undergraduate or graduate) based on how questions are answered.
- Step 2: Specific Scholarship Questions - In this section, applicants will submit short answer and essay questions as well as request external references. All references must be requested and completed through the online portal.
About The Required Materials
- High School Transcripts - For first-time undergraduate applicants: the online application will require an unofficial unweighted high school transcript to be uploaded. Your school must send an official unweighted high school transcript directly to email@example.com by no later than the application deadline.
- College Transcripts - For all applicants with college credits: the online application will require an unofficial college transcript to be uploaded. Your school must send an official transcript directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the application deadline.
- Resume - Please read the resume guide here for minimum expectations on all undergraduate resume submissions.
- References - Please allow your three references adequate time to complete your online reference forms. All references are due no later than March 23rd, 2023
Review the online application carefully before submitting as incomplete applications cannot be considered. The online application portal will notify applicants as references are received. However, we cannot inform applicants about if and when official transcripts arrive. However, we encourage you to contact us anytime to ensure your materials have arrived.
Application Process Timelines:
January 9th - Applications Available
March 24th - Application Deadline (now closed)
March 25th - Committee Review Period Begins
April 21st thru 24th - Awardees and Alternates Notified
April 25th - Scholarship Program Agreements Due
If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com or call (580) 237-4433.