About the Application Process
- Well-Rounded Emerging Leaders - Scholarships are "merit-based". While there is no GPA minimum, GPA and course rigor are part of the committee scoring process. Generally speaking, applicants should be well-rounded, with a proven track record of academic success, involvement and leadership roles in their schools and the broader community.
- College or University Choice - Applicants should be planning to attend or already be attending a college/university that is currently or historically related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) as listed in the Annual Yearbook.
- Attendance Requirements - Applicants must be applying as students who in 2023-24 will be incoming first-year college students (freshman), sophomores, or juniors and plan to attend full-time for the coming academic year.
- Ability to Participate in the Leadership Program - Applicants must be able and willing to fully engage in the leadership & service components of the Legacy Scholar Program as outlined in the 2023-2024 Policies and Criteria. This includes, but is not limited to both completion of an annual Volunteer Leadership Project and participation at the annual Leadership Development Conference.
- Online Application Portal - The application can be completed entirely online here or by going directly to pulf.awardspring.com.
- General Application Information - The application begins with a section of general questions for both undergraduate and graduate applicants. Applicants will then be routed to the appropriate scholarship (undergraduate or graduate) based off how questions are answered.
- Policies and Criteria - All applicants are encouraged to carefully read the 2023-2024 Undergraduate Policies and Criteria.
- High School Transcripts - For first time undergraduate applicants: the online application will require an unofficial unweighted high school transcript be uploaded. An official unweighted high school transcript must also be sent directly by your school to email@example.com by no later than the application deadline.
- College Transcripts - For all applicants with college credits: the online application will require an unofficial college transcript be uploaded. An offical transcript must also be sent directly by your school to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the application deadline.
- Resume - Please read the resume guide here for minimum expectations on all undergraduate resumes submissions.
- References - Please allow your 3 references adequate time to complete your online reference forms.
- Deadline - The application deadline is Friday, March 24th, 2023.
Review the online application carefully before submitting as incomplete applications cannot be considered. The online application portal will notify applicants as refernces are received, however we cannot notify applicants about if and when official transcripts arrived. We do encourage you to contact us at any time to make sure your materials have arrived.
Application Process Timelines:
January 9th - Applications Available
March 24th - Application Deadline
March 25th - Committee Review Period Begins
April 21st - Awardees and Alternates Notified
April 25th - Scholarship Program Agreements Due
If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com or call (580)237-4433.