1. This church right across the street from the Phillips campus served the spiritual needs of many Phillips students.
Answer: University Place Christian Church
2. This club formed in 1947 participated in annual jousts that were held on a pole spanning the creek between Clay Hall and the golf course.
Answer: The Camelot Club
3. This professor of botany and bacteriology and later dean of the College of Arts and Sciences was named the Tenth Muse Club Sweetheart in the mid-1960s.
Answer: Dr. James Clifford Shirley
4. This well liked Professor of Art taught at Phillips for 28 years. He cultivated the idea for a spring art sale which was designed for students to display and sell works created during the school year.
Answer: James "Jim" Bray
5. April 22 is Earth Day. This Phillips U. group helped keep the campus clean while raising awareness of sustainability.
Answer: Environmental Science Club
And the Winners are...
Deba Brant, 1980 Alumna of Topeka, KS,
Kristey Critser-Dodge of Haysville, KS.
A special prize is on the way!
Thanks to everyone that participated.
Watch for the next trivia contest in your inbox on May 15th, 2021.