1. Presidents of universities typically carry two ensigns of authority to official functions. What are they?
Answer: The seal of the university and a mace
2. In the context of university life, what is a mace?
Answer: An ornamental staff borne as a symbol of authority
3. What were the three symbols on the Phillips University mace?
Answer: The cross, the world, and a flame
4. The inscription around head of the mace is the motto, "Vincit Omnia Veritas." What does it mean?
Answer: Truth Prevails Over All Things
5. President Robert Peck who designed the mace carved the flame out of what material?
And the Winners are...
Susan Payne, '84 of Tulsa, OK,
Dwight Davis, '73 of Enid, OK.
A special prize is on the way!
Thanks to everyone that participated.
Watch for the next trivia contest in your inbox on May 15th, 2022.